By the time you read this we will have had a general meeting to review and look more deeply at our proposed New Structure pictured below. Suffice it to say that we hope this will allow us maximum participation of all of you with fewer long term time constraints like in the old committee structure.
- We will now have MINISTRY AREAS.
- Each area has a coordinator.
- Coordinators COORDINATE and do NOT do all the work.
- VOLUNTEERS or program initiators will make real the various ministries with shorter time commitments.
- Hopefully our cherished ministries will continue and new ones will be born with YOUR interest and participation. If you have any questions please ask.
Rather than attempt to pass a new structure and change by-laws at this time we will propose going into the new year with a trial run for the structure. We’ll accumulate experience and be able to judge whether this will work or not. It’s a model that relies on everyone’s participation as they are willing and able. We’ll go with it to the end of the year 2018 unless it very obvious it won’t work.